Experimenting with Stand Development

Since i was so badly scratched (only God knows why :D), i got some time to figure this thing out. I'm not really familiar with the stand development process, but i've seen the final results from a fellow photographer (Tuan Majdi and Shaf) and morpheuse aka aqmal (morpheuse@livejournal.com) have giving me some pointers on how to make this process work. Some reference from http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/ also helped me through out this process. I went for an outing with Ajeep, Zul, Abg Majdi and Maestro to KTM's building to captured some night scene of the legendary railway station. Armed with Hasselblad 500c/m and Hasselblad SWC (loan from morpheuse) and a roll of Ilford HP5 400 pushed to 3200 i've tried to make my composition of this wonderful architecture.

My stand development recipe
Kodak HC110 dilution 1:119
Ilford Rapid Fixer dilution 1:4

1st minute agitation
developing time 1 hour and 15 minutes
fixed at 5minutes

and this is the only frame that really works. I still can recover the details on the shadows. Its not a good results but for a 1st timer, it quite interesting.... definitely will do this more often...

KTM
Hasselblad 500c/m CZ 80mm f/2.8 Planar T* Ilford HP5 400 pushed to 3200

0 comments: